xsl-list

RE: [xsl] Reading in non-XML file.

2006-12-01 09:17:38
You could try passing in the content of the file as a string parameter, or
you could write a URIResolver that reads the non-XML file and puts it in an
XML wrapper. Or you could just write an extension function.

Michael Kay
http://www.saxonica.com/

-----Original Message-----
From: James Cummings [mailto:cummings(_dot_)james(_at_)gmail(_dot_)com]
Sent: 01 December 2006 15:34
To: xsl-list(_at_)lists(_dot_)mulberrytech(_dot_)com
Subject: [xsl] Reading in non-XML file.

In XSLT1 is there a fairly straight-forward way of reading in
a non-XML file and then sending it as part of the output?

Say I have a file foo.txt containing:
=====
Foo
foo
blort
=====
and an XML file containing
=====
<a>
  <b/>
</a>
=====

What I want to end up with is:

=====
<a>
<b-new>
Foo
foo
blort
<b-new>
</a>
=====

Basically, I think I'm asking for unparsed-text() for XSLT1?
Is there maybe an EXSLT extension or similar to do this?

thanks for any suggestions,
-James

--
James Cummings, Cummings dot James at GMail dot com

--~--