xsl-list

Re: [xsl] How to take a node set and convert it into a table view

2006-12-11 14:45:24

  How would I go about creating a new node with such scattered data?

the whole point of xslt is that you have read access to the entire input
tree (or trees) so it's just as easy to pull data from multiple places
as it is to pull from the current node.

Now I am faced with a problem that is simply too complex to simplify
down as to provide you with example data, but conceptually it isn't
very hard, I think...

I fear that you will need to try to make a small input example and a small
output example. Perhaps someone could glean more information from your
description than I could, but I wouldn't be able to suggest any code
just from the description so far, sorry.

For example

So, I am thinking that there has to be some way within XSLT to take a
node set of X nodes and convert it into a table view.  Is there?

all input to XSLT is a node set, so this appears to be asking if it's
possible to write an XSLT stylesheet that generates an (html?) table
to which the answer to such a general question must be yes, but I
suspect that wasn't the question you intended to ask?????

David