xsl-list

RE: [xsl] Option mystery

2006-12-13 15:09:52

<xsl:choose>
  <xsl:when test="$tier/option[option-num=$cur-option-num and
@rate-increase='true']">
    <option rate-increase="{(_at_)rate-increase}">
       <debug1>branch1</debug1>
        ...other elements
     </option>
   </xsl:when>
</xsl:choose>

A few questions regarding snippet:
1) is that "option" a predefined XSLT1.0 construct / keyword
/ operation ?

If you mean the option written as "<option rate-increase..." then it is a
literal result element: an element to be copied to the result.

I can't find any in the XSLT book.

Look in the index under "literal result element".

2) the bug I am trying to fix is that somehow on exit I am
getting a node with <option rate-increase="false"> (that
debug1=branch1 and
option-num=1).  How is that possible ?   That "branch1" is unique and
can't come from any other place. How can that expression
inside [] fail ?

Perhaps you're confused because the predicate can only return true if
@rate-increase is "true", whereas the value that's output is "false". But
the two occurrences of @rate-option are evaluated with different context
nodes, so you're looking at two different attributes.

Michael Kay
http://www.saxonica.com/