xsl-list

[xsl] Re: group-by sorting and paging problem...

2006-12-15 21:00:25
Note: xml posted previously for clarity. Close the white space between blocks for the xml to work properly.

I tried Jenni Tennison's approach and it works... I can group things based on the position() of the group size mod, but I still have to stick the cols and rows in the middle of the html... that I don't quite get. I'm missing something here...the logic is match the messages, sort the msgblocks, then group by position() test. The middle stuff... starting and ending the html - that is the problem...

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<xsl:stylesheet xmlns:xsl="http://www.w3.org/1999/XSL/Transform"; version="2.0">

    <xsl:param name="start-index" select="number(1)"/>
    <xsl:param name="group-size" select="number(7)"/>

    <xsl:template match="messages">
        <xsl:apply-templates select="msgblock">
            <xsl:sort select="@id"/>
        </xsl:apply-templates>
    </xsl:template>

    <xsl:template  match="msgblock">
        <xsl:if test="position() mod $group-size =1">

            <!-- write html tags for each group starting
                 where the mod of the position() is 1...
                 this groups things properly
              -->

               <head></head>
        </xsl:if>
            <!-- this writes the right cols and rows, but how
                 do I stick this in the middle of the html?
            -->
                <xsl:value-of select="errnum"></xsl:value-of>
                <xsl:value-of select="message"></xsl:value-of>
    </xsl:template>
</xsl:stylesheet>