xsl-list

Re: [xsl] converting a sequence of text nodes into one

2007-01-04 05:21:29
Andrew Welch wrote:
On 1/4/07, Georges Schmitz <georges(_dot_)schmitz(_at_)heitec(_dot_)de> wrote:
What is the "fastest" way to convert a sequence of text nodes into one
single text node in XPath2.0?

Use string-join() with a space for the separator value (or leave it
empty)

Now, as I see the name of the function, I can remember that I have seen
it in Jenni Tennison's book.
In your example though, how would an attribute return a sequence of
multiple text nodes?

Sorry, I hustled in simplifying the example, of course it looks
different in my concrete case:

<xsl:param name="prop.languages"
select="string-join($customer.setup//language[(_at_)gui='1']/@name,' ')"
as="xs:string"/>