xsl-list

Re: [xsl] [xsl-fo] Columnized pages and horizontal blocks

2007-01-14 14:49:56
J.Pietschmann wrote:
Kamal Bhatt wrote:
I want to create a page with two columns (like a conference paper). How do
I do this easily in FO, in particular FOP 0.93?

You are probably looking for the column-count property
  http://www.w3.org/TR/xsl/#column-count

Additionally, I would like the ability to arrange my blocks horizontally.
Is this possible without defining tables (once again, for FOP 0.93)?

You can use absolutely positioned block-containers, but this has
other limits. You should probably use a table.
Thanks for that, but I worked it out on my own. I am surprised that all my web references glossed over column-count. If I was n't using FOP, would it be possible to use inline-block-container to do horizontal orientation.

--
Kamal Bhatt