xsl-list

Re: [xsl] element name as attribute value

2007-01-23 03:08:22
Hi,

You can just start with the recursive copy template and add specific rules to handle the specific processing you want in different contexts. For instance the example below changes X in A and changes Y in <B attribute="Y">

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<xsl:stylesheet xmlns:xsl="http://www.w3.org/1999/XSL/Transform"; version="2.0">
  <xsl:template match="node() | @*">
    <xsl:copy>
      <xsl:apply-templates select="node() | @*"/>
    </xsl:copy>
  </xsl:template>
  <xsl:template match="X">
    <A>
      <xsl:apply-templates select="node() | @*"/>
    </A>
  </xsl:template>
  <xsl:template match="Y">
    <B attribute="Y">
      <xsl:apply-templates select="node() | @*"/>
    </B>
  </xsl:template>
</xsl:stylesheet>

Best Regards,
George
George Cristian Bina
http://www.oxygenxml.com

San wrote:
Hi all,

Hope you can help me with this problem (seems easy but
somehow i can't figure how to do it :(( )
I have this xml file

<X>
  <Y/>
</X>

I would like to have the output (element Y as
attribute value from other element e.g. B)

<A>
  <B attribute="Y">
</A>

I tried with <xsl:copy-of select="child::node()"/> it worked but only in the element part, can't put it
as attribute value.
It become like

<A>
  <Y/>
</A>

Really appreciate when someone can help this desperate
person.

Many thanks before
san