xsl-list

Re: [xsl] function last() not matching the last element tag

2007-01-26 09:41:30
Ross Buchanan wrote:
I am running into a problem where I need to find the first paragraph element of a document and the last paragraph element to give a unique class to each. I am able to find the first paragraph with <xsl:template match="/doc/p[1]"> but am not able to match the last element with <xsl:template match="/doc/p[last()]">.

Your code seems correct. I just run your sample input against your XSLT stylesheet using Saxon 6.5.5 and it produced exactly your desired result. This is perhaps a bug in libxslt. You may try as an alternative [position() = last()] or put last() in a variable and use that variable as predicate, which should produce the same results.

-- Abel Braaksma