xsl-list

Re: [xsl] EXSLT support for firefox 3

2007-01-30 09:10:07
Thanks for responding,

The right thing to do if the function [exsl:node-set] is not available.
Apart from generating a message (like "update your browser"), is
something more possible?

exsl:object-type
regexp:test
regexp:match
regexp:replace
set:difference
set:distinct
set:intersection
set:distinct
set:has-same-node
set:leading
set:trailing
str:tokenize
str:concat
str:split
math:min
math:max
math:highest
math:lowest
Are there any other functions for which a non-trivial
equivalent is available in any browser other than
Firefox 3 ?

Manfred

On 28/01/07, Florent Georges <darkman_spam(_at_)yahoo(_dot_)fr> wrote:
Manfred Staudinger wrote:

  Hi

> > exsl:node-set

  Good news!  The Firefox's XSLT processor was the only one I know that
didn't support this function.

> How can I actually use these in a cross-browser stylesheet ?

  Just declare the right namespaces (see exslt.org) and use the
functions.  If you want to be sure a function is defined before using
it, you can use function-available():

    <xsl:choose>
      <xsl:when test="function-available('exsl:extension')">
        <xsl:value-of select="exsl:extension(...)"/>
      </xsl:when>
      <xsl:otherwise>
        The right thing to do if the function is not available.
      </xsl:otherwise>
    </xsl:choose>