xsl-list

Re: [xsl] Naming conventions for xsl/xslt stylesheets

2007-01-30 09:21:08
Hi Ben,

From what I've seen most of the XSLT stylesheets are named with an xsl extension, only some are named with the xslt extension and very, very rarely there are also stylesheets in .xml files.

I think the version attribute on xsl:stylesheet is enough to distinguish between XSLT 1.0 and XSLT 2.0.

Regards,
Geprge
George Cristian Bina
http://www.oxygenxml.com

Ben Stover wrote:
Hello,

just a questions concerning the naming conventions for XSLT stylesheets:

Do XSL stylesheets ALWAYS have to be in a file with filen name extension *.xsl ?

What about XSLT docs in *.xslt or even in *.xml files?

Is there a must on how to name XSLT stylesheets or only a recommendation ?

Are there differences in handling between XSLT 1.x and 2.0 versions ?

Ben

___________________________________________________________ The all-new Yahoo! Mail goes wherever you go - free your email address from your Internet provider. http://uk.docs.yahoo.com/nowyoucan.html