xsl-list

RE: [xsl] Including a saxon:function

2007-02-09 12:49:05
Just wrap the <saxon:function> element inside an <xsl:stylesheet> element,
and do an <xsl:include> on the file containing the <xsl:stylesheet> element.

Wouldn't it make more sense to be moving to XSLT 2.0, rather than relying on
proprietary extensions to XSLT 1.0?

Michael Kay
http://www.saxonica.com/

-----Original Message-----
From: Craig Sampson [mailto:Craig(_dot_)Sampson(_at_)sas(_dot_)com]
Sent: 09 February 2007 19:35
To: xsl-list(_at_)lists(_dot_)mulberrytech(_dot_)com
Subject: [xsl] Including a saxon:function

 I've written a saxon:function that I want to include in
several different stylesheets. The function works when I
physically add it to my stylesheet like so:

<xsl:stylesheet ...>

<xsl:include href="a"/>
<xsl:include href="b"/>

<xsl:template ...

<saxon:function name="func:c">
 <saxon:return ...>
</saxon:function>

</xsl:stylesheet>

 But I haven't been able to work out how to include the
function if it's externalized in another file.
 Does anyone have a snippet of code that illustrates how I
can include it or reference it as a separate file.

Thanks,
 Craig Sampson

--~--