xsl-list

RE: [xsl] Doctype Declerations Imported StyleSheets

2007-02-11 02:31:56

If there is an <xsl:output> in an imported stylesheet module, and no
<xsl:output> in the importing stylesheet module, then the imported one
should take effect.

(I suspect Manfred has been confused by you referring to "templates" when
you meant modules; or it's possible that I'm the one who's confused).

Michael Kay
http://www.saxonica.com/

-----Original Message-----
From: Karl Stubsjoen [mailto:kstubs(_at_)gmail(_dot_)com]
Sent: 10 February 2007 17:27
To: xsl-list(_at_)lists(_dot_)mulberrytech(_dot_)com
Subject: [xsl] Doctype Declerations Imported StyleSheets

If I have a base template and I set the output to:

<xsl:output method="html" indent="yes"
      doctype-public="-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.01//EN"
      doctype-system="http://www.w3.org/TR/html4/strict.dtd"/>

Do I need to call out this doctype again in a template which
imports this base template?  It seems I do. If I don't, the
resulting doctype is different than the doctype called out
above.  So how does this work?

Thanks,

Karl..

--~--