xsl-list

RE: [xsl] Searching in Sub-children from an Array

2007-02-14 09:49:25
Hello Everyone,

A while ago I have asked about the lovely Muenchian method to solve a
simple example.  Unfortunately I am stuck with something that should be
straight forward.  I greatly would appreciate any input on this:

XML Input:

<tree>
        <fruit ID="111">
                <mango ID="333">
                        <colour>
                                <Rate_Structure_Event
ConceptType="Rate_Structure_Event" ID="1"></Rate_Structure_Event>
                        </colour>
                </mango>
                <orange ID="222">
                        <color>orange</color>
                </orange>
        </fruit>
        <fruit_adjustment>
                <color>
                        <Path>
                                <Steps>111,333</Steps>
                        </Path>
                        <bla>false</bla>
                        <Rate_Event ConceptType="Rate_Event"
ID="A"></Rate_Event>
                        <Rate_Event ConceptType="Rate_Event"
ID="B"></Rate_Event>
                </color>
        </fruit_adjustment>
</tree>

XSLT 2.0:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<xsl:stylesheet version="2.0"

        <xsl:key name="step" match="fruit_adjustment/color//Rate_Event"
use="../Path/Steps"/>

        <xsl:template match="*">
                <xsl:copy>
                        <xsl:copy-of select="@*"/>
                        <xsl:apply-templates/>
                </xsl:copy>
        </xsl:template>

        <xsl:template match="fruit_adjustment"/>

        <xsl:template match="colour">
                <xsl:copy-of
select="(key('step',string-join(ancestor-or-self::*[(_at_)ID]/@ID,',')),.)[1]
"/>
        </xsl:template>
</xsl:stylesheet>

My desired XML output:

<tree>
        <fruit ID="111">
                <mango ID="333">
                        <Rate_Event ConceptType="Rate_Event"
ID="A"></Rate_Event>
                        <Rate_Event ConceptType="Rate_Event"
ID="B"></Rate_Event>
                </mango>
                <orange ID="222">
                        <color>orange</color>
                </orange>
        </fruit>
</tree>

However I get this XML Output, what do I do wrong? (Only one Rate_Event
is being copied over, why?)

<tree>
        <fruit ID="111">
                <mango ID="333">
                        <Rate_Event ConceptType="Rate_Event" ID="A"/>
                </mango>
                <orange ID="222">
                        <color>orange</color>
                </orange>