xsl-list

RE: RE: [xsl] how to reserve single space after transformation

2007-03-05 14:10:16
I just ran her stylesheet against her XML document with SaxonB 8.7.3, and got
exactly the results she showed. In an earlier message I suggested that she use
the xsl:preserve-space instruction to get the result asked for.
--
Charles Knell
cknell(_at_)onebox(_dot_)com - email

-----Original Message-----
From:     Michael Kay <mike(_at_)saxonica(_dot_)com>
Sent:     Mon, 5 Mar 2007 20:57:15 -0000
To:       <xsl-list(_at_)lists(_dot_)mulberrytech(_dot_)com>
Subject:  RE: [xsl] how to reserve single space after transformation

I am doing XML to XML transform by using saxon 8. But the
result changed from single space to empty space, could you
please help me for this problem?

<category_label>
      <string> </string>
</category_label>

to:

<category_label>
      <string/>
</category_label>

I can think of many different stylesheets that would transform a single
space to a zero-length string, but the chances are that none of them is the
stylesheet you wrote. Show us some code!

Michael Kay
http://www.saxonica.com/

--~--