xsl-list

Re: [xsl] XSLT processor Configuration for Java

2007-03-09 19:15:00
Also check your applications "lib" or similar library folder to Xalan JAR
files, and remove the JAR from the lib folder.

-Rashmi

----- Original Message ----
From: Michael Kay <mike(_at_)saxonica(_dot_)com>
To: xsl-list(_at_)lists(_dot_)mulberrytech(_dot_)com
Sent: Friday, March 9, 2007 5:45:06 PM
Subject: RE: [xsl] XSLT processor Configuration for Java

I meant ,is there any configuration I need to do to use
SAXON,By default XALAN processor is being picked  though
SAXON is on the classpath.

This can be a little difficult to debug. Setting the Java system property
jaxp.debug=1 can help.

Make sure you are using Saxon 8.9.0.2. The build of 8.9 was incorrect,
because of a bug in Ant, which caused the services information in the JAR
files to be set up incorrectly.

It's generally safer to set system properties explicitly:

javax.xml.transform.TransformerFactory=net.sf.saxon.TransformerFactoryImpl

rather than relying on the classpath search.

Unless you really need to write code with no compile-time references to
Saxon classes, the simplest of all is just to instantiate the Saxon
TransformerFactory directly:

TransformerFactory factory = new net.sf.saxon.TransformerFactoryImpl()

Apart from anything else this saves the high cost of the classpath search.

Michael Kay
http://www.saxonica.com/