xsl-list

Re: [xsl] State of Browser Support for XSLT in 2007

2007-03-22 05:07:59
On Thu, 22 Mar 2007 07:40:47 -0400, John Perkins <john(_dot_)a(_dot_)perkins(_at_)gmail(_dot_)com> wrote:
<snip/>

There was a recent thread that talked about the pros and cons of using PIs versus using javascript.

Note: I am committed to placing XML on the server and using XSLT on
the client because 1) I have no ability to use XSLT on the server and
2) it greatly reduces site maintenance by reducing the number of files
than need to be generated and placed on the server and by separating
the data from the presentation making the data free of presentation
information.

I would think the better approach, at this stage of the game, would be to pre-generate everyhting on your local machine and transfer the (X)HTML up to the server.

<snip/>

John Perkins
Salem, NH

hi from North Hampton :)