xsl-list

RE: [xsl] xml includes

2007-03-26 12:07:20
You don't need a link to the stylesheet inside your XML file - though if
you're doing the transformation in the browser then it's probably the
easiest option, because anything else requires a bit of Javascript. It all
depends really on how you want the user to select the XML file for display.

Michael Kay
http://www.saxonica.com/

-----Original Message-----
From: Paige Harrington [mailto:paige(_at_)ripshoprecords(_dot_)com]
Sent: 26 March 2007 19:14
To: xsl-list(_at_)lists(_dot_)mulberrytech(_dot_)com
Subject: [xsl] xml includes

I'm using a program called InDesign to export my xml from.
I'm taking the xml file and using it for display on the web.
What I'm trying to get away from is having to manually add
the link to the xsl stylesheet.
Every time I export, I have to open it and add the line and resave it.
I was wondering if I could just have one master xml file that
will have the link to the xsl stylesheet and include the main
xml file that I'm exporting.
I'm a little confused about what I've read about with xml
includes and not even sure that's what I need to use.
Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks!
Paige Harrington

--~--