xsl-list

Re: [xsl] Missing a template, I think

2007-03-27 03:31:40
Robert Hamburger wrote:

This works fine with every situation, producting output like this:

Node | Node | Node
R1
(final node text)

Except with nodes that contain sub-nodes AND "R" nodes, like this:

MAP
--Node
--Node
------Node @TEXT=R1
----------Node
----------------Node @TEXT=R1

 For some reason, they don't parse, and I just don't know why. Can anyone
share any insight why my code isn't working? It's driving me crazy!

I don't know what you mean with "parse" let alone what you expect from these other nodes. Can you update with an XML example of your input, and an XML example of your expected output? Test it against a stripped down version of your stylesheet (i.e., with only the templates you showed above) and include that stylesheet. That will also tell us you use XSLT 2.0 (I assume that from your syntax).

Note that in XSLT 2.0, a statement like

*/@TEXT

selects *all* nodes @TEXT with a parent node, whereas the same would select only the first */@TEXT in XSLT 1.0. But without seeing your real input and expected output, I cannot say for sure that this is part of your problem.

Cheers,
-- Abel