xsl-list

RE: [xsl] What's wrong with my ancestor syntax?

2007-03-27 07:08:44
I think you want to know...

Hmm...I don't think I fully explained what I was looking for very well.
;o)

We store out entire site structure in XML. We want to make an RSS feed
that will return the most recently updated pages that fall underneath a
specific node of the menu.

So, if my structure was:

About
 - staff
 - - mary
 - - bob
Contact
Downloads

I want to be able to say "grab the recently updated pages in the 'staff'
section" so I only want to grab staff, mary, and bob, and then sort them
by date.

if the current eleemnt or ancestor
has a pageID child, so that's

      <xsl:for-each
select="*/menuItem[ancestor-or-self::menuItem/pageID = $pageID]">

or just coming down rather than going down and up each time:

      <xsl:for-each select="*/menuItem[pageID =
$pageID]/descendant-or-self::menuItem">

David

--~--