xsl-list

[xsl] Multiple String Replacements [with a twist]

2007-03-27 11:57:14
Hello all,

I just started working with XSLT and I find my self stuck on this issue.

I want to replace multiple strings for some for most of my elements and by looking at some discussions and some code by Jeni Tennison I can replace all instances of my strings by a simple replacement. However, what I actually want to do, is to replace the strings by links.

My replacements look like this:

<foo:string_replacements>

 <foo:search>

    <foo:find>XML</foo:find>

    <foo:replace><a href="xml.com">XML-SITE</a></foo:replace>

 </foo:search>

</foo:string_replacements>

If I use <xlst:copy-of select="foo:search[xx]/replace" /> the HTML shows the link correctly, but since I am doing multiple substitions of multiple strings I use recursion, and the function where the strings are exchanged fails to correctly place the anchor code on the output.

I get XML replaced by XML-SITE but the anchor information is lost in the process.

I have tried using CDATA sections, but then as you might expect I get the escaped string and that's not good either.

I have been using something similar to this: http://sources.redhat.com/ml/xsl-list/2000-06/msg00200.html, but I need the links to be working.

Thanks.