xsl-list

RE: [xsl] Convert to RFC822 via XSLT? Doable?

2007-03-28 15:03:11
It look like using the tostring("R") function asp.net (or date('r') in
PHP) looks like the better option and just get the dats in
the RFC822 format PRIOR to making the XML.

Well, it took me all of 30 seconds to recreate the XML using the proper
RFC822 format.

I thought that was slick and went back to my XSL to change the sort
commands and then it hit me...

I no longer have a numerically sortable month substring, since they are
all text abbreviations.

So, given that, how have others of you gotten around this? As always, I
see a number of options:

1 - store the date in XML in a format that I can sort in XSL and then,
in the XSL, use CONCAT to shuffle it back into RFC822 format

2 - store an extra element in the XML file, so I'd have 'sortdate' and
'RFC822' date.

3 - other?

#1 is doable, but seems a bit messy.

#2 is easy, but seems redundant.