xsl-list

RE: [xsl] Problem using variables with xpath -- simplified query

2007-04-05 15:58:38

I'm always very reluctant to suggest it, but I think you could be hitting a
processor bug. Try to run the same thing with a different Java processor:
either Saxon, or the latest version of Xalan as distinct from the version
that comes bundled with the JDK.

Michael Kay
http://www.saxonica.com/

-----Original Message-----
From: Raghavan [mailto:raghavan479(_at_)yahoo(_dot_)com]
Sent: 05 April 2007 21:49
To: xsl-list(_at_)lists(_dot_)mulberrytech(_dot_)com
Subject: [xsl] Problem using variables with xpath -- simplified query

I am running into problem using a Variable inside a XPath.
I've placed my query as comments in the following XSL

<?xml version='1.0' ?>
<xsl:stylesheet
xmlns:xsl='http://www.w3.org/1999/XSL/Transform'
version='1.0'>
<xsl:output method='xml'/>

<xsl:variable name="doc2node"
select="document('/prod/appl/Docs/metadata.xml')" />

<!-- var declaration for ' -->
<xsl:variable name="apos" select='"&apos;"' />

<!-- The input XML has only one node with attr url="y"
-->
<xsl:variable name="pdfdoctitle"
select="//somenodename/@url" />

<xsl:template match="/">
  <TITLE>
   <!-- The following block works in IDE like Stylus studio
or XMLSpy but not using a simple Java Transform code -->
   <xsl:value-of
select="$doc2node/documents/doc[(_at_)id=$pdfdoctitle]/@title"/>

   <!-- The following static compare works -->
   <!--xsl:value-of
select="$doc2node/documents/doc[(_at_)id='y']/@title"/-->
  </TITLE>
</xsl:template>