xsl-list

Re: [xsl] XSLT Subtract function?

2007-04-13 08:59:49

I'll examine your key suggestion closely. I was able to do Meunchian
grouping from time to time in XSLT 1.0 days,

ah but the trick in muenchian grouping was to use keys for something
(grouping) thatthey were never designed for, coupled with a drick to do
node identity which isn't directly supported in 1.0 either, so teh idiom
always looked rather exotic.

But here a key is being used for exactly what it was designed for, just
an alternative (usually more efficient) syntax for doing
//foo[(_at_)something=somekeyvalue]
(It certainly isn't because it's easier to read and interpret.)
in this simple case perhaps not, but it can be if the xpaths are quite
complicated or have numerous choices, as it separates the concerns of
specifying the key and selecting nodes that match a particular key.

David