xsl-list

[xsl] Problem with Generated Image on Unix for FOP

2007-04-19 08:16:36
Hi All, I need to display the images on pdf document. I am using FOP 0.20 for
generating the pdf documents. In order to display the image, i had to write an
Xalan Java Extension to decode the base 64 data and create an image on file
system. This extension returns the absolute path for the image. Following is my
snippet of xslt for the same...

<fo:table-cell padding-top="0.05cm" padding-left="0.07cm">
        <fo:block text-align="left" border-bottom-style="solid"
                    border-bottom-width="0.02cm" font-weight="bold">

        <xsl:variable name="signature" select="//recipient//encodedBytes"/>
        <xsl:variable name="sign"
select="converter:ConversionHelper.getDecodedData($signature)"/>
        <fo:external-graphic src="{$sign}"
                         width="50px" height="7px" content-width="50px"
content-height="7px"/>
        </fo:block>
</fo:table-cell>

The above code works fine on Windows. This generates the images and the same
are being shown on the PDF.

Problem is that on UNIX, this extension creates the image successfully. But
cannot display on PDF document. Even if I create the image on window thru the
extension and FTP to UNIX and use the same image on external graphic, it cannot
display the image on PDF. If I save the generated image on windows to another
extension or copy to different name and FTP to UNIX and use that in external
graphic, that would show clearly. Could some one shed some light onto this and
let me know how to resolve this issue?

Thanks,
Kishore.