xsl-list

[xsl] Re: How Can I Reference previous XML in Subsequent Iterations?

2007-04-20 05:19:49
Just a quick update on this.

The solutions that Abel and David gave me hit the sweet spot. I was able to hack up my stylesheets to parse the XML dump and twist the styles into the new markup. It is still fairly primitive, but I have a very good base going forward. My biggest concern was performance, and the performance of this is very good indeed. Some of these spreadsheets are *BIG*.

I did need to use a couple of PHP callouts. Since it is a wiki, I wanted the spreadsheet authors to be able to embed wiki in their spreadsheets, and that requires one callout. Also, I wasn't that happy with the date formatting in XPath, so I use PHP's date() formatter to display TimeDate values.

I'd like to thank the members for their invaluable help on this.

Chris Marshall
chris at getridofthiswholelongthingybecauseitstoconfusescrapers littlegreenviper dot com
http://www.cmarshall.net/