xsl-list

Re: [xsl] undo a transformation

2007-04-25 04:56:23
On 4/25/07, Garvin Riensche <g(_dot_)riensche(_at_)gmx(_dot_)net> wrote:
Hello,

I am wondering if anyone has dealt with rollbacks of xslt
transformations yet. Maybe there are some resources on the web which
deal with rollbacks because I am wondering what would be the best way to
undo a transformation.

For example consider the following task: I have two stylesheets that are
called one after another from a third one. If the second stylesheet
doesn't match anything I want to undo the transformation of the the
first one. This should be like an AND composition of two stylesheets.

What would be a good way to implement such a logic?

Um, you might have to elaborate on that a little, maybe with an example...

As you can't overwrite the input XML with the output, and because
variables are immutable the input to each transform should be
available unchanged after any transform.

cheers
andrew