xsl-list

RE: [xsl] XSLT Newbie - Need help with DOCTYPE, namespaces, and stuff

2007-04-27 01:49:31
Thank you for your quick response, I appreciate it (tt
helped me solved my problem :))

For anyone that's wondering, I needed to add the
namespace to the xsl:stylesheet tag. In my case, it
turned out like:
<xsl:stylesheet
        version="1.0"

xmlns:pack="http://www.simplemachines.org/xml/package-info";
        xmlns:smf="http://www.simplemachines.org/";

Then, I needed to prefix everything with "pack:" (eg.
<xsl:value-of select="pack:package-info/pack:id" />)

-- Daniel15

--- Michael Kay <mike(_at_)saxonica(_dot_)com> wrote:

Google for "XSLT default namespace" and you'll find
lots of advice on this.

The short answer is: your elements are in a
namespace, so to select them you
need to use prefixed names in your match patterns
and path expressions, with
a prefix (any prefix will do) that's bound to that
namespace.

Michael Kay
http://www.saxonica.com/