xsl-list

Re: [xsl] XSLT 1.0 support in browsers

2007-05-01 13:56:04
Michael Kay wrote:
Have you looked at the level of support for the xml-stylesheet PI, e.g.
support for the type, title, media and alternate pseudo-attributes, multiple
PIs, and so on?

No, I'm currently using only the "basic" stuff.

I noticed recently that some browsers also support PIs that allow you to set
stylesheet parameters, which seems a nice feature.

Sounds interesting. Pointers, please :-).

I think you can get round the whitespace problems by the use of xml:space in
the source document. Not a nice solution, but perhaps a workable fix.

Yes, that indeed works in IE, so it can be used as a workaround for many cases. Problem is, it may conflict with the document's DTD (this applies for instance for RFC2629's DTD).

Best regards, Julian