xsl-list

Re: [xsl] Re: Xmllint and xsltproc standard in support

2007-05-07 05:25:21
No, I never knew of these special devices, or how to use them. Thank you very much. Now I do!

Jochen Hayek wrote:
"l" == list  <list(_at_)mofokom(_dot_)biz> writes:

    l> This is really more of a wish than a support question.

    l> Can the tools use stdin as an input stream? the tools
    l> themselves would use some sort of stream based sax parser. This
    l> would make them very much more useful.

    l> I was hoping to

    l> myprog | xmlint --format -

    l> and

    l> myprog | xmlint - | xsltproc validator.xslt -

    l> Just to get an indication, is this a simple patch or a major
    l> rework to provide that function?

Help yourself!

Have you ever seen and/or tried these special devices

    /dev/stderr, /dev/stdin, /dev/stdout

    resp. /proc/self/fd/0, /proc/self/fd/1, /proc/self/fd/2 ?

Your command lines would then look like

    myprog | xmlint --format /dev/stdin

    myprog | xmlint /dev/stdin | xsltproc validator.xslt /dev/stdin