xsl-list

RE: [xsl] PHP XSL adds Content-Type meta

2007-05-08 04:31:20
I peeked. It says: "The value must be a QName. If the QName
does not have a prefix, then it identifies a method specified
in this document and must be one of xml, html or text"

Meaning: it is an error if you specify something else than
these three (unless in XSLT 2.0, where 'xhtml' was added).

If you implement something that's defined in 2.0 but otherwise follow what's
in 1.0, then you can't claim a conformance tick against either version of
the spec, but I don't think you're necessarily doing something evil...

Though I got the impression here that they were inferring XHTML from the use
of method="xml" and doctype-system="....", which is definitely a departure
from the spec.

Michael Kay
http://www.saxonica.com/