xsl-list

RE: [xsl] Compatibility Question

2007-05-12 02:16:27
XSLT 1.0 says in section 5.7:

If xsl:template does not have a match attribute, it must not have a mode
attribute.

It's a rather arbitrary rule, because in many similar cases redundant
attributes are simply ignored: but it's there.

It should be safe to delete the attribute, since mode has no meaning when
templates are called by name.

Michael Kay
http://www.saxonica.com/

-----Original Message-----
From: Shridhar Venkatraman [mailto:Shridhar(_at_)NeemTree(_dot_)com]
Sent: 12 May 2007 10:05
To: xsl-list(_at_)lists(_dot_)mulberrytech(_dot_)com
Subject: [xsl] Compatibility Question

In trying out ODF2HTML a xslt based conversion of Open Office
documents to HTML, I find the XSLT has a few situations where
Saxon and XALAN throw compile/syntax errors. However, the
XSLT within FireFox does not.

An example is the 'Mode' attribute in call-template.
'The mode attribute must be absent if the match attribute is absent'

This module comes with commands for xsltproc which we do not
use, which lead me to google and then to this list.

Am I right in assuming that XSLTPROC is incompatible with the
standards and that Saxon and Xalan are and hence this problem ?

Using Saxon 6.5.5 XSL 1.0 JRE1.6.1

--~--