xsl-list

Re: [xsl] How to count of chunks

2007-05-14 03:58:16
Would anybody of you help me regarding below.

At 03:10 PM 5/12/2007 +0530, you wrote:
Dear List-
I have discussed this issue earlier with you. In that time I have not
elaborated the logic and not got the right solution. It seems little bit
complex and I think we should use global variable but not sure. The logic
is based on DocBook's chunking rules. Below are the key points of the logic:
1. We are counting chunks of following elements <chapter>, <sect1>,
<sect2> and <sect3>
2. Count- It is count of those chunks which contains content.
3. Level - It is hierarchical number of the chunk (e.g. 1, 1.1, 1.2, 1.2.1,
etc) to enable the output file to be re-assembled in a hierarchical structure.
4. A rule should be devised that will prevent empty chunk being generated.
For example, the following XML would generate empty pages for the <book>
and <chapater> as they have no content. This is something we need to avoid
when the XSLT is devised, perhaps by combining lower content into an empty
chunk.

Note: Please read the comments of OUTPUT for better understanding