xsl-list

RE: [xsl] Help with 3-level deep XML

2007-05-16 05:33:27
As you can see, the XML for some reason didn't make it to your readers.
Happy to help when we can work out what the question is!

Michael Kay
http://www.saxonica.com/

-----Original Message-----
From: Bhaskar [mailto:bhaskarji(_at_)hotmail(_dot_)com]
Sent: 16 May 2007 13:08
To: xsl-list(_at_)lists(_dot_)mulberrytech(_dot_)com
Subject: [xsl] Help with 3-level deep XML

Hi,

I need help with a transformation I am trying to do. The XML is:

      26

      -36

      14

      42

I am basically trying to get the sum of third-level deep
elements categorized by their names. That is, the output will be:
ccc1   40 (26+14)
ccc2   6 (-36+42)

I wouldn't know any of the node names (aaa1, bbb1, ccc1, etc)
apriori, so I can't check for these names in the XSL -
essentially I am trying to get a general solution.

Any help/idea would be appreciated.

Thanks.

--~--