xsl-list

Re: [xsl] OT: XML based wizard

2007-05-16 07:23:10
Friends --

If you want to respond to this message please do so OFF LIST only.

It was rude of the OP to post it here and it would be very rude to reward this behavior.

Thank you for not encouraging pollution on the list.

-- Tommie

Folks,

This is SO far off topic, it isn't funny.  I am turning to you all
because I believe my solution IS XML based, and I figured that folks
that know XSLT inside and out will know lots about other XML source of
info.

What I am need to do is develop a Wizard.  It will be some what
complex with many final destinations, based on how the user answers
questions.  My thought was that I could map this out the whole thing
in XML, having one question with the possible answers, then in each
answer have the next question and so on.

The question is this:  How do I display the questions?  I know there
are different projects out there that now use XML to describe user
interfaces.  Is there any particular projects out there that you would
recommend I look at to solve this problem?

I am sure you are wondering if this is a web app or a GUI app, the
answer is: YES, it is both.  Initially I need it in the GUI piece, but
I have no problem doing in HTML and putting it into an embedded
browser.  The GUI does fire up Apache, so I could point the embedded
browser at the web server for a complete web solution.

Sam

--~--

B. Tommie Usdin
mailto:btusdin(_at_)mulberrytech(_dot_)com