xsl-list

Re: [xsl] Entities Conversion

2007-05-26 03:30:15
On 5/26/07, J. S. Rawat <jrawat(_at_)aptaracorp(_dot_)com> wrote:
Hi!
In my output file entities are getting converted into as per the encoding
specified in the <output> element but I don't want to change the enties. Is
there any encoding value, which will convert it into as desired output.

INPUT
&ldquo; &rdquo; &ndash; &mdash;

OUTPUT  (encoding="iso-8859-1")
&#8220; &#8221; &#8211; &#8212;

OUTPUT  (encoding="iso-8859-1")
" " – —

DESIRED OUTPUT
&ldquo; &rdquo; &ndash; &mdash;

You can't (without extensions or post processing) but why would you want to....?

Sometimes this requirement is to work around another problem which is
best fixed at source...