xsl-list

RE: [xsl] Character Report Overflow Pages

2007-06-05 06:09:51

It's a fairly standard problem. Arranging data in multiple pages is
essentially the same as arranging in multiple columns, see

http://www.dpawson.co.uk/xsl/sect2/N7450.html#d10871e13

except that instead of putting the data inside a <tr> element, you want to
precede it with a page header.

Michael Kay
http://www.saxonica.com/

-----Original Message-----
From: Matt [mailto:puskas(_dot_)duck(_at_)gmail(_dot_)com]
Sent: 05 June 2007 12:32
To: xsl-list(_at_)lists(_dot_)mulberrytech(_dot_)com
Subject: [xsl] Character Report Overflow Pages

Hi,

I am relatively new to XSLT and have been tasked to create a
character based report which outputs statement data at fixed
positions to be used on pre-printed stationery.

The problem I have is that I have 2 regions firstly a header
which contains customer name and address, and then a detail
region containing transaction information. If the number of
transactions exceed the maximum limit (say 20) then I need to
print out the details on a second page, and repeat the header
(name and address).

I believe there is implicit functionality in XSL-FO that can
handle this scenario, has anyone done this with XSLT? Or can
point me in the direction of some examples which do similiar.

Thanks in advance,

--~--