xsl-list

RE: [xsl] How to get element name for output

2007-06-06 14:51:31
You can get the name of a node using the XPath name() function, for example

<attribute type="{name()}"/>

Michael Kay
http://www.saxonica.com/

-----Original Message-----
From: Chaudhary, Harsh [mailto:HCHAUDHA(_at_)amfam(_dot_)com]
Sent: 06 June 2007 22:33
To: xsl-list(_at_)lists(_dot_)mulberrytech(_dot_)com
Subject: [xsl] How to get element name for output

Hi,

I am writing XSLt (ver 1.0) for output to an XML file. At one
point I would like to get the name of the element and include
that in the output. An example would be:

Input XML:

<rootElement>
        <productAttributeList>
            <attributeMap>
                <ReinstatementInProc>N</ReinstatementInProc>
            </attributeMap>
            <elementName>attribute</elementName>
        </productAttributeList>
</rootElement>

Output XML:

<rootElement>
    <attribute type="ReinstatementInProc">N</attribute>
</rootElement>

I would really appreciate your help on this.

Thanks,
Harsh.

--~--