xsl-list

Re: [xsl] Long Namespaces

2007-06-07 13:24:26

 It seems that 3 letter namespace [prefix]s are the norm.

not really, firstly of course the prefixes are arbitrary, and secondly
I suspect the empty prefix default namespace is most common.
But of the namespace prefixes that get used dconventionally I see all
sorts of lengths

of the ones I can think of off the top of my head:

xsl    for xslt namesace
xs     for xsd schmema namespace
xsd    for xsd schmema namespace
fn     for xpath/xquery function namespace
saxon  for saxon6 extension namespace 9as in saxon:node-set()
exslt: for (one of)the exslt namespaces exslt:node-set()
msxsl  for msxsl extension namepsace msxsl:node-set()
""     for xhtml which  is usually unprefixed but if prefixed is often one of
xhtml  for xhtml 1 namespace
h      for xhtml 1 namece
fo     for XSL FO namespace

that's lengths  0 1 2 5, and of the two that are of length 3 I never use
xsd as I (almost) always use xs: for XSD types like xs:string etc, so
that leaves xsl: as the only three letter namespace prefix that comes to
mind.

David