xsl-list

RE: [xsl] Different results with different processors

2007-06-07 15:35:54
You need to show us a cut-down but complete stylesheet, together with source
document, and the two outputs that are produced. It should then be easy to
tell you which one is correct. It's possible that both are - the spec does
leave some features implementation-defined.

Michael Kay
http://www.saxonica.com/

-----Original Message-----
From: Chris Gamache [mailto:cgamache(_at_)gmail(_dot_)com]
Sent: 07 June 2007 22:57
To: xsl-list(_at_)lists(_dot_)mulberrytech(_dot_)com
Subject: [xsl] Different results with different processors

I'm comparing the processing the same stylesheet using Xalan
and libxslt (xsltproc)

Xalan produces expected output. xsltproc has some issues.
Xalan interprets this expression correctly (at least /I/
think it does... :) libxslt does not...

<xsl:apply-templates select="node()[name() != 'bar']" />

I find it hard to articulate what I am seeing. I'll do my
best... What is getting subsequently selected by libxslt
isn't the same thing as what xalan selects. If I rewrite the
expression to pick a specific set of nodes
<xsl:apply-templates select="foo" /> I get the expected
result. If I re-write it to use a for-each ...

<xsl:for-each select="node()[name() != 'bar']">
  <xsl:apply-templates select="." />
</xsl:for-each>

It behaves as expected.

I don't understand the difference between xalan and libxslt's
interpretation of the statement, and why re-writing it makes
all the difference. Am I doing something wrong? Am I hitting
on a incompatibility I am unaware of?

--~--