xsl-list

Re: [xsl] Merging multiple documents and combining their nodes

2007-06-14 02:05:09

In other words, how would the
stylesheet know which XML files I want to include as input?

In XSLT1 (not XSLT2) stylesheets always have to be given an initial
inout file. How that is specified depends on the processor being used.
If your stylesheet is opnly doing this merge you can specify
filenames_file.xml as that input.

Expected ,, but found: ]

Unfortunately, I don't know enough about keys and variables to know
what's going on in this stylesheet. :-(

The only thing you need to know (initially) is that XPath function calls
have as many ( as they have ) and that I can't type.

select="exslt:node-set($temp)/components/component
    [generate-id()=generate-id(key('c',@name)]">
                              (
                                  (
                                            )

another closing bracket wouldn'd do any harm, sorry...

googling for muenchian grouping will lead to any number of sites
explaining this idiomatic use of keys to solve grouping problems.

David