xsl-list

Re: [xsl] Sorting Using A Predefined Order

2007-06-21 19:28:25
Thanks for all the answers, I think I'll gonna go with Mr. Kay's solution cause the defined ordering lists a large number of keys.

-- Jeff

David Carlisle wrote:
Andrew>  which can also be written as:

Andrew>   <xsl:apply-templates select="(div[2], div[3], div[5], div[1],
div[4])"/>

oh yes if we're using xpath2 there's other ways as well eg

<xsl:apply-templates select="for $p in (2,3,5,1,4) return div[$p]"/>

this is equivalent to Andrew's although actually neither's quite
equivalent to my original suggestion of 5 apply-templates calls, as in that case position() and last() would be equal to 1 each time
whereas in either of the versions here, last() is 5 and position() would
be 1..5, which is often preferable.

David