xsl-list

RE: [xsl] Calling Saxon from a CGI script

2007-06-22 03:54:56
None of the browsers yet support XSLT 2.0.

Also, if you're going to run transformations in the browser, you need to
find the magic settings that allow you to see the specific error messages.
You're not going to get very far if all you get is "Error during XSLT
transformation: XSLT transformation failed." I'm afraid I don't remember
what these settings are (and it depends which browser you're using, of
course).

Michael Kay
http://www.saxonica.com/

-----Original Message-----
From: Bhaskar _ [mailto:bhaskarji(_at_)hotmail(_dot_)com]
Sent: 22 June 2007 11:33
To: xsl-list(_at_)lists(_dot_)mulberrytech(_dot_)com
Subject: RE: [xsl] Calling Saxon from a CGI script

Thanks, Mike.

I have not used servlets or JAXP at all and have hardly done
any programming in Java, so it might take me a while to
figure out the solution you've proposed. Meanwhile, I decided
to eliminate the parameters passed as command-line arguments
to Saxon so as to transform the XML into HTML in the browser
itself. When I tried doing so, I get the following error:

"Error during XSLT transformation: XSLT transformation failed."

I have tested the XSLT and am sure it works; and I have been
able to use the browser to do the transformation with the
previous version of this XSLT I had. The main (and am sure
important) difference with this XSLT is it is conformant to
XSLT 2.0 standards while the previous one was conformant to
XSLT 1.0. That is, I am using for-each-group now instead of
for-each loops and this is probably what's causing the error
(my guess).  Is this the source of the problem or is it
something else? Please advise.

Thanks,
Bhaskar