xsl-list

Re: [xsl] XSL Syntax in XML File? / restricted DTD for XSLT 2.0

2007-06-25 07:07:52
Matt wrote:

Is there such thing as an XML file that contains all the xsl tags and
their associated attributes? Have had a look on www.w3.org and the faqs but the nearest I can find is the element syntax summary... no XML files.

Michael Kay replied:

The XSLT 2.0 specification includes a link to an XML Schema that
describes the structure of stylesheet modules.

But if you're one of these old-fashioned people :-) who still work with DTDs, I can provide you with an (experimental) DTD for XSLT 2.0, which tries to be as complete as possible, but of course does not allow literal result elements. (I wonder which schema Trang might make out of that DTD...)

I can post it if someone is interested and if it is OK to do so on the list (the file has 13 KB), or maybe Abel would agree to include it in his XSLT wiki at http://xslt.metacarpus.com/ ? (Currently, the site does not permit to upload any file.)

  Yves