xsl-list

Re: [xsl] inserting page-break after certain terms

2007-07-04 05:23:39
On Tue, Jul 03 2007 08:38:15 +0100, info(_at_)minimag(_dot_)de wrote:
I declared a local variable where I count the lines and convert them
to [mm] to achieve the height of a certain <section> which includes
several elements.

I know that the print space is 180mm high. Now I want to create a loop
where I count the height of <section> until it is smaller or even than
180mm and insert a page-break afterwards.

The next step should be to check if the rest of the space is 20mm,
40mm, 60mm and so on.

This is what I have written so far.

<xsl:choose>
      <xsl:when test="180 - sum($gesamt) = 20">
      <xsl:apply-templates/>
        </xsl:when>
      <xsl:when test="180 - sum($gesamt) = 40">
      <xsl:apply-templates/>
        </xsl:when>
      <xsl:when test="180 - sum($gesamt) = 60">
      <xsl:apply-templates/>
        </xsl:when>
      <xsl:when test="180 - sum($gesamt) = 90">
      <xsl:apply-templates/>
        </xsl:when>
</xsl:choose>

I think after the page-break the variable $gesamt should be "zero". Is
this possible with ...select="0"?

Does anyone outthere have a hint for me how to solve this problem? If
I use the code above I only receive one block per page.

What you are attempting is not clear to me, at least.  It may help if
you can post a bit more of your solution.

Since you use xsl:apply-templates each time, why not just test that
sum($gesamt) <= 180?

I don't know if you expect the variable $gesamt to change, but it won't
be updated once assigned.

What sort of output are you producing?  XSL-FO?

Regards,

Tony Graham.
Tony(_dot_)Graham(_at_)MenteithConsulting(_dot_)com
http://www.menteithconsulting.com

Menteith Consulting Ltd             Registered in Ireland - No. 428599