xsl-list

[xsl] > replaced by ">", < is not replaced...

2007-07-13 02:07:36
Hi everybody,

I am trying to transform a HTML page using XSL, the problem is that somehow my ">" signs in the input text are changed to ">" while "<" are not changed. This XSL I am using:
[stylesheet]
<xsl:stylesheet version="2.0"

        <xsl:template match="/">
                        <head>
                                        body
                                        {
                                                font-family:'Courier New',
Courier, monospace;
                                                font-size:11px; color:#333333;
                                                font-weight:normal;
                                                line-height: 140%;
                                                text-align:justify;

                                        }
                                        span.rule
                                        {
                                                font-weight:bold;
                                        }
                                        span.issuer, span.target
                                        {
                                                font-weight:bold;
                                                display:inline;
                                        }
                        </head>
                                <xsl:apply-templates />
        </xsl:template>

        <xsl:template match="br">
                <xsl:element name="br"></xsl:element>
        </xsl:template>

        <!-- Copy all <span> tags together with the attributes. -->
        <xsl:template match="span">
                <xsl:element name="span">
                        <xsl:attribute name="id"><xsl:value-of select="@id"
/></xsl:attribute>

                        <xsl:if test="@style">
<xsl:attribute name="style"><xsl:value-of select="@style" /></xsl:attribute>
                        </xsl:if>

                        <xsl:if test="@class">
<xsl:attribute name="class"><xsl:value-of select="@class" /></xsl:attribute>
                        </xsl:if>

                        <xsl:value-of select="." />
                </xsl:element>
        </xsl:template>

</xsl:stylesheet>
[/stylesheet]

This is the text that is being parsed:
[parsed text]
[/parsed text]

This is the text after transformation:
[transformed text]
        <head>
                body
                {
                        font-family:'Courier New', Courier, monospace;
                        font-size:11px; color:#333333;
                        font-weight:normal;
                        line-height: 140%;
                        text-align:justify;
                }
                span.rule
                {
                        font-weight:bold;
                }
                span.issuer, span.target
                {
                        font-weight:bold;
                        display:inline;
                }
        </head>
[/transformed text]

As you can see the "&gt;" is replaced by ">", however the "&lgt;" is NOT replaced by "<". I do not understand how this is possible. The desired result is that they both do NOT get replaced, so both "&gt;" and "&lt;" should appear in the transformed text.

--
Best regards,
Jethro Borsje

http://www.jborsje.nl