xsl-list

Re: [xsl] XSL-FO plain text processor?

2007-07-13 12:34:54
Hi, Brian,

My source is an XML file. I need an output in formatted plain text. That means, there is text arranged in a table like style, some text is right aligned, some text is indented, there are free lines and it needs to be page-broken. So that's why I started with XSL-FO. FOP is 80% ok, but I need a better output quality.

Ciao!

Kai

Brian Martinez schrieb:
If you're looking to create just a plain text file, I would think XSLT
would be a more suitable choice than XSL-FO.

Cheers,
b.

-----Original Message-----
From: Kai Hackemesser [mailto:kaha(_at_)gmx(_dot_)de]
Sent: Friday, July 13, 2007 8:29 AM
To: xsl-list(_at_)lists(_dot_)mulberrytech(_dot_)com
Subject: [xsl] XSL-FO plain text processor?

Hi there,

I'm looking for a solution to create a formatted plain text file from
XML. Currently I try apache FOP Processor with XSL-FO input. but I
can't
get it looking as I want, I always have misformations, missing or to
much spaces or empty rows, even clipped characters. I would like to
know
if you know any alternatives to that?

Kind regards,
Kai