xsl-list

RE: [xsl] dynamic grouping assignment

2007-07-16 01:27:50
As with dynamic sorting: if you know that the dynamic keys will be simple
element names, you can use *[name()=$key]. For anything more complex, you
need xx:evaluate(). If you can't get this to work you'll need to show us
what you did before we can tell you what you did wrong.

Michael Kay
http://www.saxonica.com/

-----Original Message-----
From: christoph(_dot_)klocker(_at_)rcm(_dot_)at
[mailto:christoph(_dot_)klocker(_at_)rcm(_dot_)at]
Sent: 16 July 2007 06:49
To: xsl-list(_at_)lists(_dot_)mulberrytech(_dot_)com
Subject: [xsl] dynamic grouping assignment

Hi,
How can I dynamically assing a grouping key, where I provide
some of the grouping keys as parameters.

I have the parameters

  <xsl:param name="groupingKeys" >
        <key>order_typ</key>
        <key>ordr_block</key>
    </xsl:param >

I would like to add to the group-by evaluation.

 <xsl:for-each-group select="result"
group-by="concat(receiver, operation, data, prev_bus_state,
string-join(for $x in $groupingKeys return $x/key, ','))">

I guess I need to use the saxon:evaluate() extension, but I
couldn't get it right.

thanks

This message and any attachment ("the Message") are
confidential. If you are not the intended recipient any use
is strictly prohibited. If you have received the Message in
error, please notify the sender immediately and delete the
Message from your system, any use is forbidden.
Correspondence via e-mail is primarily for information
purposes. KAG/RVV/RIFA/ImmoKAG neither makes nor accepts
legally binding statements unless otherwise agreed to the contrary.

--~--