xsl-list

Re: [xsl] XSLT 2.0: Character Output Issue

2007-07-18 08:45:52
Yes but didn't Sam say that it was only affecting large files.  If in the
small
file test case the encoding of the math characters is okay then perhaps
he will have to iteratively try increasing the size of the output file to see
at what point, size-wise, the problem occurs and pin it down that way.

Justin Johansson

you probably want to add encoding="US-ASCII" to any non ascii characters
are output using character references. The difference in output you are
seeing is due to a change of processor rather than change of language,
especially in the html output method, processors have a lot of
flexibility in how they do this, so long as they are equuivalent
acording to XML: rules, so you'd get similar differences switching
between xslt1 processors.

David

Sam:
One thing I notice is that when I open the simplified example output files
above, both display fine in MS Word.  If someone can provide some advice as
to where this problem might be coming from and only affecting our large
output files from displaying right in Word, that would be great!.

Justin Johansson
Freelance XML / XSLT / XQuery Developer
Australia

procode(at)tpg(dot)com(dot)au