xsl-list

Re: [xsl] Open sourcing XSLT stuff

2007-07-25 13:15:37
Friends --

If you want to reply to this posting please do it off list only.

Not only is this not an XSL question, the OP knows that. Justin, that's not using good list-manners. (It is not unlike asking a basic XML question here - and justifying it because the XML might someday be manipulated with XSL so it's related to XSL.)

Further, I reject the implication that if we can't suggest a more appropriate forum for this discussion that we must host it here.

-- Tommie

Hi xsl-list,

Whilst this is not specifically an XSLT question, there are a lot of people on
this list who have opened source  XSLT related works.

Since I'm a newbie in the area of open sourcing anything,  I'd like to ask the
list what is the best open source license to use, that which grants users a
fair
degree of freedom to use your work more-or-less freely but still keeps rights
to your work under some reasonable level of sort of control.  Issues which
would
be important to me include maintaining the look and feel of your work so that
half-baked derivatives do not destroy the flavor of your work.

Specifically, I have a mini project, a LEX/YACC style of parser for XSLT,
which I would like to share with the community.

If there is a better forum on which to ask these types of questions, please
let
me know.

With appreciation,

Justin Johansson
Australia

--~--

B. Tommie Usdin
mailto:btusdin(_at_)mulberrytech(_dot_)com