xsl-list

RE: [xsl] Stepping through XPath in a visual XPath debugger

2007-07-31 10:08:49

a) What is the most intuitive order in which to step-through
an XPath 1.0 expression visually?

I really don't know the answer to this, but I think anything that presents a
view of the evaluation as a sequential process is misleading and likely to
be unhelpful. The concept should be to select parts of the expression and
understand what contribution they make to the result - for example, being
able to see which nodes a particular predicate is applied to, and which of
them match.

Michael Kay
http://www.saxonica.com/